Self-introduction e-mail

Subject: Self-introduction

Dear Professor Brad Blackstone,

I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Chung Zhi Sheng, and I am one of your students in the critical thinking and communicating module. Having graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma in Civil Engineering, I decided to pursue a civil engineering degree conferred by the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). 

My interest in civil engineering is driven by my desire to contribute to the development of new infrastructure that can positively impact society. I believe that this module will provide me with the necessary skills to communicate my ideas more effectively, which is essential in the field of civil engineering.

In terms of my communication strengths, I believe that I am clear and concise in conveying information. For instance, I can break down complex ideas into easily digestible chunks, focusing on the most important points and avoiding unnecessary jargon. This is particularly helpful when communicating with audiences who may not have a deep understanding of the topic at hand. Having said that, I do have a specific area of weakness, which is my public speaking skills. While presenting to a large audience, I tend to stutter and lose my thoughts due to anxiety. My goal for this module is to conquer my fear of public speaking and be on time for all lessons.

Lastly, what differentiates me from others is my passion for a sustainable future. I believe that civil engineering can play a significant role in creating a more sustainable future, and I am committed to contributing to this cause. I aim to utilize the skills I acquire from this module to effectively communicate my ideas to promote sustainable engineering practices.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to learning from you in this module.

Best regards, 

Zhi Sheng

Comments

  1. Hi Zhi Sheng, your letter is well organized. I hope you are able to conquer your fear of public speaking. Let's conquer this together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nabil, thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I appreciate your support. Conquering my fear of public speaking is definitely a journey, but with support like yours, I'm confident we can overcome it together.

      Delete
  2. Hi Zhi Sheng, I think your letter is well written. I think you definitely will be able to speak with more confidence very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yao Yang, thank you so much for your encouraging words! Your belief in my ability to speak with more confidence means a lot to me. I'm dedicated to improving and working on my confidence.

      Delete
  3. Hi Zhi Sheng,

    This is a well-written letter. Through this letter, I learned more about your educational background and admire your passion for civil engineering. I feel that your sentences are well-structured and easy to understand.

    I am looking forward to seeing your growth in this module regarding your public speaking and I wish you all the best in overcoming your weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadiah, thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback! I'm glad to hear that you found the letter informative and well-structured. Your encouragement means a lot to me as I work on improving my public speaking skills. I'm committed to growing in this module and overcoming my weaknesses.

      Delete
  4. Hi Zhi Sheng, your letter shows your passion for wanting to give back to society, which is a commendable goal. You also state how this module will help you acquire the skills needed to take a step toward your goal.

    Your ability to break down difficult information into different parts demonstrates that you are capable of receiving and simplifying information, which is a valuable soft skill, especially in meetings where a lot of information is processed.

    In your letter, you also clearly stated your weakness in communication and your desire to overcome it. I hope that you can achieve the goals stated in the letter.

    Overall, reading your letter shows me that you are a loving and caring person who wants to contribute to protecting the world in your own way and ensuring the future well-being of others. I hope that you can achieve what you want and continue to improve along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alson, thank you so much for your heartfelt response! Your recognition of my passion for giving back to society and my commitment to personal growth means a lot to me. I truly appreciate your acknowledgment of my ability to break down complex information and my openness about my weakness in communication. Your encouragement motivates me to continue striving towards my goals and overcoming obstacles along the way.

      Delete
  5. Dear Zhi Sheng,

    Thanks for sharing this clear, concise and informative letter. You address the key components of the brief and provide just enough details. For instance, it's clear in the post that you appreciate the power of civil engineering as a profession. I like the evident passion you have for the field. In addition, you describe succinctly your ability to focus your communication, which comes in handy here as you explain yourself.

    There are no language issues in this fluent post, just a minor issue with the use of caps:
    -- Having graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma in Civil Engineering, I decided to pursue a civil engineering degree ....

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prof, thank you for your thoughtful feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you found my letter clear, concise, and informative. I appreciate your attention to detail regarding the minor issue with the use of caps, and I'll be sure to address it in future communications.
      I am excited about the opportunity to continue sharing more about myself and my journey in civil engineering this term. Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to engaging further with you.

      Delete
  6. Hi Zhi Sheng,

    Thank you for your insightful self-introduction!

    Your passion for contributing to the development of new infrastructure that postively impacts society is truly admirable. I believe this module will indeed enchance your ability to communicate your ideas effectively in the civil engineering.

    Your self-awareness regarding your communication strengths, particularly in being clear and concise is a valuable asset. Your recognition of the need to improve public speaking skill demonstrates a proactive attitude towards personal developments

    Rest assured, we will work together to get to the place you want. I look forward to seeing how you leverage the skills acquired in this module to effectively communicate and contribute to this cause.

    Cheers,
    Nabil Khairi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nabil, thank you very much for your kind words and encouragement! I appreciate your acknowledgment of my self-awareness regarding my communication strengths and areas for improvement. Your support and assurance that we will work together towards achieving my goals mean a lot to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quote by Marybeth Miceli

Summary Reader Response draft 1